Today I wanted to share my go to eyeshadow look of the moment. It’s nothing all that unique, but easy to achieve with a minimal amount of colors. I’m trying to be more instructional in my makeup look posts so that I’m not just posting a product list with selfies, so you will find some step by step instructions below. I’m also including some photos in the slideshow where I wore a lighter nude and didn’t have on lashes. It completely changed the look by adding Anastasia Cool Brown lipstick and some falsies.
COMPLEXION| SMASHBOX primer, STILA 10-in-1 BB cream, WETNWILD call me maple contour, TARTE aquacealer, COTY airspun powder, ABH dusk contour + chocolate blush, MAC oh darling highlight, LANCOME absolue powder
EYE| MAC eyeshadow primer, ABH tempera, ABH gradient blush palette crease, NATASHA DENONA antique olive & aluminum lid, MAYBELLINE skinny pencil liner smudged, SEPHORA COLLECTION white matte pencil liner, LOREAL voluminous primer, LOREAL miss manga rock mascara, IIKONN black magic lashes (kimandmakeup coupon code for 30% off)
BROWS| ABH dipbrow, KVD mad max brown liner, NYX control freak
LIP| ABH cool brown matte lipstick
- Prep / Prime eyes, set with skin tone colored or translucent powder. I used Tempera from the ABH Modern Renaissance palette because it was on my makeup table but anything works.
- Mattes / I blended Chocolate from the ABH Gradient palette into the crease and a little bit of Blackberry on the outer corners. I added in some Vegas for more warmth with both of these.
- Shimmers / For the center of my lid I put Antique Olive by Natasha Denona after laying down some NYX Glitter Glue. For the inner third of my lid I added Aluminum, the lightest shade in the Palette #9 by Natasha Denona.
- Liner / I’ve been going extra dark and smudged lately and loving the intensity it gives my makeup. I draw a line across about ¾ of my eyelid against my lashes, leaving the inner corner alone, then smudge it out with a small compact eyeshadow brush because I don’t want it to be a harsh line. I also do this on the lower lash line, smudging it out the same way and leaving the inner corner blank.
- Eyeshadow finishing touches / I want my lower lash line to be very smoked out so I took ABH blackberry with a bigger blending brush and go right over the black pencil liner. I also put more Natasha Denona Antique Olive and Aluminum on my lid because I wanted it to be as bright as possible and the shimmer really pops over the black liner as a base. Then I blended out my crease again with a little bit more Vegas on the brush to make it look as blended as possible and diffuse the edges of the shimmer shadows.
- Define /After curling my lashes I put on more black liner in my tightline, then Sephora matte white pencil in my waterline. Finish off with mascara, then IIKONN Black Magic lashes.
My favorite aspects of this look are the blush palette being used as eyeshadows, this lipstick color that I’m absolutely obsessed with, and the smudged black liner. The warmth of ABH Vegas and Chocolate together in the crease are a classic warm matte effect, then Blackberry has just enough color on the lower lashline and outer corner to make it more interesting than the typical black or dark brown. Instead of having to build up a contour, the color Dusk creates an instant intense contour with just a few swipes that I’m loving. Anastasia Cool Brown is a lipstick that I would have never thought I would have liked just looking at it in the tube.
Thank you for reading and have an excellent weekend!