When I find a combination of makeup products that work together flawlessly, I get very eager to share it. My skin hasn’t been amazing lately, so it gives me confidence when I can create a good complexion. The skin issues are due to diet mostly I think… I need to get back on the calorie counting healthy eating bandwagon. This foundation concoction that I’m sharing today is lightweight and natural looking, but gives the contoured, smooth, matte look I want.
- To achieve the look I start by moisturizing my face with Cerave lotion.
- Next I prime. I have been getting lots of use out of Smashbox Original Photo Finish foundation primer to smooth my pores, or Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot when I need more staying power.
- I apply Stila Stay All Day 10 in 1 Illuminating HD Beauty Balm aka Stila BB Cream. This provides extremely light coverage with a nicely hydrating finish. It is similar to a tinted moisturizer in that it has a universal color that adjusts to your skin, which sounds like B.S. but actually works somehow…
- With the Stila base down I start cream contouring. Sometimes cream contouring on top of foundation gives a very dramatic full coverage look, but when you use a really light coverage base like BB cream it stays a lot more natural. When I use Wet n’ Wild Call Me Maple Contour Stick on top, I get a nice chiseled look that isn’t too overdone.
- Any concealer works and I rotate between a couple in my collection. Doing concealer as the last step of your cream products keeps the look extra bright, especially under the eyes.
- Coty Airspun Powder has been my new setting powder of choice. It is ultra mattifying, affordable, and doesn’t make me look like a ghost. It smells very perfumed, but that fades away pretty quickly and doesn’t bother me after a few minutes.
- Instead of an undereye powder with a lot of coverage like Bare Minerals Well Rested or Bisque, I stay with the minimal coverage theme by using Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. I take a quite a bit and pat it under my eyes, not brushing or swiping. This helps the concealer stay in place and not lift.
- From there I finish my face with bronzer, blush, highlight, and setting spray, but after step seven I love the look and could totally stop there with the base! It’s rare that I don’t feel like I need the other finishing touches, but this is the combination achieves it.
The key products are Stila BB cream, Wet N’ Wild Contour Stick, Coty Airspun Powder, and Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. I definitely recommend checking these out or trying a similar process if you have comparable products in your collection.