Pre-Travel Pamper Routine | Skin & Hair
To procrastinate packing for the business trip I’m leaving for tomorrow, I’m having a pamper day. This will be the third time I am heading out to this business trip- it’s our yearly kick off meeting, and it’s definitely a dressy event. I’m used to wearing casual outfits for work, so dressing up in a blazer and heels is a little out of my comfort zone. To boost my confidence, I have a pamper routine that helps me look nice and put together. When I travel anywhere, I like to look my very best when I arrive, so I have a couple steps that I like to set aside time for:
- Shower / Of course I need to shower before I go anywhere, but in this shower I take the time to wash my hair and shave my legs to prep for fake tanning. I don’t have a good travel sized shampoo and conditioner, so when I’m at hotels I avoid washing my hair. I like to bring dry shampoo instead and can get away with not washing my hair for about five days.
- Airdry / While I’m going through this pamper routine, I’m wearing my Turbie Twist. I saw these on TV years ago and thought they looked a bit gimmicky, but I can’t live without them now. The microfiber is absorbent, and they have an elastic loop on the back that you tuck the twist to lock it in place. They are way lighter and less annoying to keep in place than a towel. If you have a lot of hair these are so awesome!
- Aztec Secret Clay Mask / If you haven’t heard about this mask, let me tell you why you need it. This comes in a large jar of powder that you add apple cider vinegar to and mix up a paste. Paint it all over your skin and let it dry. While it’s drying, it pulses your skin and draws gunk out of your pores. I love the fresh look I have as soon as I take it off. My skin is red for a few minutes after I remove it with a wash rag, but it makes my pores feel tightened up and cleansed. I bought my tub off Amazon but I have also seen it at health food stores like Market of Choice. One tub will last you your entire life.
- Teeth Whitening / I drink too much coffee during the week, so I like to whiten my teeth about two or three times per month. I leave it on during my face mask and don’t remove for as long as I can avoid eating/ drinking.
- Washcloth steaming / When it’s time to take off the mask, I get as much off with my hands and water before going in with a hot wash cloth. After the mask is removed, I wet the face cloth with steaming hot water and lay it on my face to steam up my pores. Steaming it about three or four times leaves my skin super soft. It makes me feel like the heat is murdering all the bacteria in my acne.
- Face Shaver / Shaving my face is one of my favorite ways to prep my skin for makeup looks. I am a peach fuzzy person, so I shave everywhere but my brows and lashes of course. Hair- free bare skin is an awesome canvas for foundation and powders. Don’t be worried about the hair growing back thicker! I have been doing this for about two years now and haven’t seen any black hairs sprout. I use these razors. Gently pulling my face taut and shaving gives it a major exfoliation and it feels so smooth- bye layer of dead skin!
- Nip + Fab Glycolic Acid Exfoliating wipes / After I shave my face and splash it with water, I like to give it a little bit of chemical exfoliation to avoid any ingrown hairs or breakouts from shaving. These have helped clear up my skin majorly.
- Benton Snail Bee Essence / After I put my skin through the ringer with a mask and exfoliation, I like to give it a fat dose of healing snail bee ointment. This is meant to moisturize and heal your face. I go in with their Steam Cream after I use the essence to moisturize.
- Maybelline Dr. Rescue Baby Lips / I picked up this lip balm recently at Walgreens and I’m already addicted. It is one of the best lip moisturizers I have ever tried and I can’t wait to take it with me on my trip. I grabbed the clear shade in Too Cool- it has no color and a eucalyptus scent. This is the perfect prep for liquid lipsticks. Try it out!
- Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil / I like to let my hair air dry as much as possible before blow drying. When it’s about 70% or more there, I run a wide tooth comb through it and rub in the Bumble & Bumble oil. This is by far the best hair oil I have tried. If you have ever colored your hair, you know that adding in the pigment gives a shine to your hair. This oil gives that look without weighing your hair down or coating it in an oil that looks wet. I’m dying to try out the B&B Hairdresser Oil line’s shampoo and conditioner, but it’s quite pricey. For now I’m loving the oil. After I add a little more heat protectant and keratin spray, I blowdry my hair to be as big and shiny as possible. I add in a bit more of the B&B invisible oil to my ends to keep them soft.
- Loving Tan 2 Hr Express / Even though it’s winter, being tan is an all year confidence booster for me. This is the best tan on the market that I have tried, and it gives you a just- vacationed skin tone. I like to apply it in the early evening the day before a trip, then do a quick body shower the next morning before I head to the airport.
- DIY Manicure / The nail combo I am doing for this trip is Essie Topless & Barefoot under a layer of Nina Burst my Bubble. Any pretty sheer pink will work over your favorite light nude polish though. It makes my nails look clean and nude always works. My tip is a business conference, so I’m doing a nude nail polish instead of something fun like blue or orange.
I think that’s it! After I have this routine done, I feel like I am ready to look my best for any event or vacation I have to go on. Time to get back to figuring out business-y outfits and packing…