Chelsea DeBoer Inspired Smokey Eye Makeup
Teen Mom 2 is my embarrassing guilty pleasure show. I guess I’m not the only one because my most viewed blog post is my other Chelsea Houska DeBoer inspired makeup look. I wanted to do another one because her makeup this week was super pretty- a dark smokey eye with winged liner and a mid tone nude lip. I don’t use a lot of black eyeshadow so I was inspired to amp up what I usually go for with some for this look and I really liked how it turned out.
EYE MAKEUP APPLICATION
1. Maybelline Fit Me powder to set my eye primer (Nars concealer today)
2. Ludwin (peach) as a transition shade blended all over the lid and high-ish up in the crease.
3. Succubus (rust) lower in the crease and all over the lid.
4. Shax (black) focused on the outer corner and blended with a fluffy brush on the entire outer half of my lid.
5. Lots of blending back and forth with Succubus and Shax until I got it to the level I wanted. After a few rounds it morphed into a dark taupe with almost warm purple undertones from the rust and black combined.
6. I used the shadows leftover on my brush to do the bottom lash line and honestly I wish I had added some more smokey-ness down there after I was done with my concealer- I forgot!
7. Since it was a Chelsea inspired look I skipped my typical bright light waterline and added brown pencil liner on the upper tight line and smudged into my lower lashes. It looks like she does a black waterline which I just can’t get myself to do because it makes my eyes look SO red and small, but I faked it with lots of mascara on the lower lashes, smudging brown around that area, and leaving my waterline bare.
I also used…
COMPLEXION | GLOSSIER primer rich moisturizer, CLINIQUE beyond perfecting foundation, TARTE aquacealer, NARS concealer, MAYBELLINE fit me powder, BARE MINERALS well rested under eyes, MAC give me sun bronzer, MAC sunpower bronzer as blush, MAYBELLINE fit me powder in mocha to contour, TOO FACED pink leopard to glow all over forehead & blend highlight, MAC oh darling highlight
BROW | ABH auburn pomade, KVD brown ink liner, LOREAL voluminous primer, LOREAL brow stylist plumper
EYES | KVD shade + light eye- ludwin, laetus, shax, succubus, NYX liquid liner, SEPHORA COLLECTION matte brown colorful liner pencil, LOREAL voluminous primer on lower lashes, ESSENCE i love extreme mascara, LILLY LASHES believe, MAC oh darling inner corner
LIP | MILANI spice liner, OFRA pasadena
The steps in order were: moisturizer, foundation, brows, eyeshadow, eyeliner, concealer, face powder, under eye powder, bronzer & blush, contour, setting spray, mascara, highlight & eye inner corner, Too Faced leopard powder for some more face glow, lashes, lip combo.
I think the look would have come out more like hers if I had done a lighter nude with a HINT of cool- toned pink. I was originally wanting to use Tarte Birthday Suit liquid lipstick because it was the perfect color, but I hate that it doesn’t dry down matte!
Other options to replicate hers would be: Dose of Colors Stone, Colourpop Clueless or Bianca, Tarte Bestie, MAC Viva Glam II, KVD Ludwig, Makeup Forever M101.
Pardon my neck looking lighter than my face makeup. My self tan got a bit patchy this weekend and I’m touching it up tonight! I promise I didn’t wear it out of the house looking crazy like it may look in pictures. Have an awesome rest of the weekend and thank you for reading. ❤