Wishlist Wednesday |Fall 2017 Nail Polishes
I’ve been on such a nail polish and nail painting kick recently that I needed to do a Wishlist Wednesday post on all the shades I’ve been eyeing. I haven’t always been a DIY manicure person- years ago I used to go get gels and acrylic nails all the time, wasting a ton of money and ruining my nails.
While I love how gels look and last, I have plenty of other frivolous things to waste my money on, so I opt for painting my fingers and toes myself. It so relaxing to go through the process of base coat, color, gel coat (Essie Platinum Gel Couture is everything), and fast dry top coat. Another thing I don’t miss about getting my nails done was sitting in the salon for hours, then hoping they were dried all the way before I left. I could always count on getting them dinged up reaching for my wallet or car keys before I could even get out of the parking lot. Anyway, here are the polishes on my wishlist-
- Caramello by KL Polish / Waiting not- so- patiently for this to be back in stock. In the meantime I have searched high and low for dupes of this beautiful caramel/dijon/wheat polish and nothing is coming up! (photo from plutoandtopaz)
- Griffith Park by Lauren B Beauty / I stumbled upon this brand after seeing it mentioned by Baby Bohemian. I love indie brand discoveries, and the shade range of Lauren B Beauty is well curated and beautiful. Griffith Park looks like the ideal light grey color to me because it has undertones of mauve and nude too. (photo by MyBeautyBunny)
- Ghost Ranch by J. Hannah / This happens to be another one that Baby Bohemian has mentioned. J. Hannah is such a cool line. Ghost Ranch has just the right amount of brown in this muted cinnamon-y pumpkin spice/ sweet potato color.
- Don’t Get Derailed by China Glaze / Ugh unfortunately all my picks aren’t all adorable bougie indie brands I guess. I have a lighter olive shade, but this true deep army green is that perfect true muted color without any yellow. (photo by Polishaholic)
- So Much Fawn by Sally Hansen / I’ve been pinning colors like this for too long and haven’t seen one in person that I want. This muted burnt peach coral is beautiful. If you have any recommendations for similar shades please let me know! I’m going for a slightly lighter and peach pink version of Ghost Ranch. (photo by Makeup Alley)
- Wicked by Essie / Somehow I don’t own that typical fall oxblood color that everyone wants on their lips and nails this season. I love that Wicked pretty much looks black. (photo from Essie.com)
- Black Holly by Floss Gloss / Speaking of black, I don’t own a good one. The one in my nail polish stash is a gloopy old NYC one from way too long ago. Floss Gloss has such cute packaging and is at an Essie price point with adorable packaging.
If you feel like you suck at painting your nails and are addicted to the salon, keep practicing! Eventually your paint lines will get cleaner and you’ll get into the zone. It is honestly like meditating- you have to be mindful of what you’re doing and focused. I sound crazy now so I’ll stop. Thank you for reading!