10 Products, 10 Minutes | Office Makeup Routine
Products Used (in order):
NYX Angel Veil primer
It Cosmetics CC Cream “Light”
Bare Minerals Matte Powder Foundation “Golden Medium”
CoverGirl Cheekers Blush “Classic Pink”
Anastasia DipBrow “Auburn”
MAC Paint Pot “Rubenesque”
MAC Eye Kohl “Costa Riche”
Loreal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock
Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
NUDESTIX Lip Pencil “Whisper”
It took me quite awhile to master how to wear makeup to work. It was hard to find just the right look that ‘s fast, takes little work, lasts 8 hours, and makes me feel confident. With only 10 products needed, I feel like I finally have found a routine that I have tested and am comfortable doing every day.
My least favorite look to do is work makeup. This is not meant to be anything more than “put together”. I wish I had time to do special eyeshadow looks with defined brows and dark lip colors every day but it is not realistic. I wake up about 30 minutes before I need to leave to go to an office setting. My goal is to look awake and pulled together around my coworkers. The makeup depicted in the photo is the look I do that when I exert 10 to 15 minutes worth of effort to be presentable. On days where I am half asleep or couldn’t care less about my appearance, my routine breaks down to only primer, Bare Minerals powder, mascara, brow gel, and blush.
For the sake of this blog being helpful and having to post a picture of myself online, I photographed the more in depth version. I feel comfortable in this for a full day of work with only a touch up or two of powder at lunchtime.
- Sheer layer of foundation– I get oily during the day no matter what products I use. In my opinion the best way to do foundation for work is to apply a sheer layer so that when I get greasy, it wont cake up and fades less noticeably. I have been using the It Cosmetics CC Cream for years because of the full coverage and skin benefits. The bottle lasts forever.
- EcoTools Domed Bronzer Brush- I have owned this brush for years and have been neglecting it for a long time. One day I tried it instead of a normal foundation brush. This brush soaks up any extra product, applies quickly because it is large and fluffy, and puts on a very light layer of coverage.
- Bare Minerals- this staple powder foundation is something I always come back to. On minimal makeup days, I dust this all over my face instead of using liquid to cover and even out my skin.
- Blush- makes me look alive and with a generous amount I do not feel the need to use bronzer
- Translucent powder- the more the better for my oily skin. If I skip this step I’ll be oily by 8:30. (I start work at 6AM)
- MAC Paint Pot- slap it on with a finger and the Rubenesque color gives a subtle hint of gold. An alternative to this one is Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded.
- Eyeliner- Wings take too long when I’m getting ready at 5:30AM. Brown smudgy liner is effortless and gives just enough definition. If you mess up just smudge it more!
- Mascara- the Miss Manga Rock Maybelline Mascara is the first I’ve used that does not transfer all over my face. It only requires about 2 coats to build up.