Current Skincare Routine
Low Maintenance Morning
Cleanse / I’ll wake up and splash water on my face because I don’t apply anything before the gym. If it feels like I have product build up on my face, I’ll go in with a little bit of Philosophy cleanser to freshen up before I head out of my apartment. A little goes a long way and I always grab a backup of this moisturizing cleanser when the Sephora sale comes around.
After I workout I use NUDE Skincare Detox Brightening Fizzy Powder Wash in the shower. It gives a light exfoliating scrub and lasts FOREVER because it’s one of those that come in dry powder form and becomes a cleanser once you have water on your hands.
Treat / Nip + Fab Glycolic acid pads are a miracle product and I always grossly find that there is stuff on the pad after I’m certain my skin is clean! These are crucial to keeping away acne and clearing my pores.
Serums/ I go in with two drops of The Ordinary Argireline 10% solution on my forehead and between my brows because I heard it’s “botox in a bottle”. It could be placebo but it makes my forehead look smooth and line- free for a few hours.
Moisturize & SPF / Depending on if I’m trying to add color to my face, I use Jergens Natural Glow for face or the Target knock off Up & Up brand of Neutrogena Daily SPF.
High Maintenance Evening
Cleanse / Philosophy Purity and or Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser are my go tos. I add Garnier Micellar Water if I have makeup on. If I’m really trying to give myself a good facial, I shave my peach fuzz with a razor after washing my face. You wouldn’t believe the dead skin cells that come off when you do this! It basically takes off a layer of dead skin and is a must for me before an event. Without that facial hair my foundation glides on like a dream. The hair doesn’t grow back dark or anything if you’re worried.
Tone / Stridex pads are so crucial for me. These loosen up gunk deep in pores and reduce texture. If I don’t want something as intense as the Stridex, I use Alafia Coconut Water Toner on a cotton round. I swear just the practice of lightly exfoliating with a cotton round to get any residue off skin is the key to clearer skin. I wish I could tell my younger self to tone!
Serum / Depending on the skin issues I’m targeting, I pick and choose which product I want to use. For acne and exfoliation, I use Mad Hippie Exfoliating Serum. I love this because it contains acids for brighter and better skin- 10% alpha hydroxy acids, 7% glycolic acid, and 3% lactic acid. Acids are your friend! For combating aging and getting a healthy plumpness to my face, I use The Ordinary Hylamide SubQ.
Moisture Treatments/ I pick and choose a combination of these every night with my lotion, switching it up based on how my skin feels.
- Hylamide Low- Molecular HA Re- Hydration Booster / My goal with this is to get moisture deep into my skin and the hyaluronic acid in this is actually small enough to penetrate skin I guess? I’m not a scientist and don’t know all the technical details but in my mind the hylauronic acid goes deep with the the lotion I put on top of it hydrate so my skin will stop producing as much oil. I also apply this to my lips after I get injections in an attempt to make them last more than a month. Juvederm is hyaluronic acid… so it makes sense to add it topically if this really does penetrate? That’s my thought process.
- Benton Snail Bee Essence / My doctor told me snail secretions help heal the redness that acne leaves behind once you pop it/ it clears out on it’s own. I can’t help but be a major popper, so I love this stuff.
Moisturizer / I use one of the following-
- I’ve been going through a sample of Sunday Riley CEO moisturizer which is beyond amazing but too pricey! I have this alternative in my cart for when I run out of it. I’ve read that Vitamin C works wonderfully with the Mad Hippie Serum I use.
- Lush Dream Cream – This isn’t meant for the face but the ingredients are ultra hydrating.
- I hoard this, but I love Benton Snail Bee Steam Cream. This is beautiful for pre- makeup moisturizing too.
Neck / I’ve always had really intense crease lines on my neck weirdly, and I’m trying to make an attempt to give that area a little extra love. On my neck, chest, and nape of my neck (in the back under my hair), I add Nivea Moisturizer Creme or Bio Oil. These are heavy, greasy moisturizers that are nice to let sink in overnight. Sometimes I’ll slather them on my face too even though I worry they aren’t non-comedogenic. I haven’t had issues with that though.
Masks/ I try to do a mask once or twice a week at least. I’m doing a whole separate post on my favorite masks because when I wrote them all out here this post was too lengthy. I wash them off with my hands and warm water, then go in with a piping hot washcloth to steam my face and exfoliate my skin.
After everything I’ll spray the Coconut water to lock everything in and head to bed and the cycle restarts. I change my pillowcases once to twice per week because with all these products I apply, I believe they need to be constantly refreshed.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have about my routine or give me recommendations!